Flasgun not firing with 5dmk3 - urgent advice required please.

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
VickiFoster
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Flasgun not firing with 5dmk3 - urgent advice required please.
9 months ago

Hi all,

I've got the 5D MK3 along with L lenses and have an event I'm photographing next week.

I've not yet upgraded to a Canon Speedlite due to budget reasons but I've just been getting all my gear together and my flashgun is not working with my camera.

It's the Jessops 360AFDC....I know it's not great but I assumed it would work fine. I don't know a lot about flash photography. Am I right in thinking the flash and lens is not compatible which is why it's not working?

I've tried it with M and AV mode and literally it's fired once or twice. I've changed the aperture, shutter speed etc to see if it makes a difference. I've changed lenses from my 100m macro to my 24-70mm and it's just basically not firing.

I used to use it on my Canon 450D and it never failed. I tested it a few weeks back and had this issue but assumed it was the batteries so tonight put fresh batteries in and thought it would be ok but obv not.

I'm really stressed out so would appreciate some advice. I need the flash to be sorted, if it's not compatible i will just stick it on the credit card as need it for next week but I don;t want to do that if I can avoid panicking and buying a new one...

Please help.

Thanks,

Vicki

Canon EOS 450D (EOS Rebel XSi / EOS Kiss X2) Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow