Steve Huff reviews X-T1, loves it (mostly)

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
WCguy
Contributing MemberPosts: 989Gear list
Like?
Re: I wouldn't fret over it too much
In reply to D200_4me, 9 months ago

D200_4me wrote:

Some seem to be pretty upset about his comments in the review, but everyone has their own opinion, so that's ok. It's pretty clear to me though (as an owner of both the E-M1 and X-T1), the X-T1 has better image quality overall. From a pure pixel peeping standpoint, the Fuji has cleaner images and are very sharp, even with the 18-55 zoom. I see a little 'grain' even in my ISO 200 shots on the E-M1 sometimes, but let's be honest...nobody would ever see that, viewing photos at normal sizes. Even up to ISO 3200 or so, I seriously doubt anyone viewing the photos normally would ever notice grain in the photos from the E-M1. But like I said, overall the X-T1 has better image quality and it's very impressive to me. I looked closely at my own samples from the E-M1 and X-T1 (though I haven't been able to convert any raws from the X-T1 yet since I use Lightroom) and the X-T1 is the clear winner for pixel peeping. And for 'real world' normal viewing, I guess it just depends on the scene and the individual photo, but I generally find myself more impressed with my Fuji files (X100S and X-T1).

Ultimately, any person's review is not something to get all worked up about...unless they're just totally uninformed or biased and telling a bunch of lies on purpose. I think Steve's review is simply his own personal experience and opinion speaking. And yes, indeed he does need to make a living so he does reviews and posts lots of stuff on his site and has plenty of advertising. Gotta make a living, you know. Nothing wrong with that. Me on the other hand...my day job pays for my photography site and I usually don't make any money from photography. I don't put much effort into it though. It's just a hobby/fun, first and foremost. I don't want to ruin my fun by having to pander to anyone or beg people to buy something from me.

-- hide signature --

Well said.   WC

-- hide signature --

It's What You Learn After You Know It All That Counts !

WCguy's gear list:WCguy's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Sony RX1 Nikon D700 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 AW1 +33 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow