Senior MemberPosts: 2,922Gear list
Like?
Re: There has to be a Xpro2....
In reply to John Motts, 9 months ago

John Motts wrote:

mistermejia wrote:

John Motts wrote:

DocetLector wrote:

And now the XT1 is there, a nice little camera, weathersealed and quite responsive. But still not up to professional standards and still to small for my hands.

There are plenty of pros using them.

What pros? I am sure pros are using it, but i what do you mean by pros? There are the Pro bird shooter that would never sell their D300 over a XT1, no way jose. I can mention my dad, who is NOT a pro, but owns a D300 and long lenses. He would NEVER buy a XT1 over a D300 with its solid built and high class AF system.

All kinds of pros, with the exception of sports photographers. What do I mean by pros? Well the normal definition - people who earn all or most of their living from photography.

Your example of pro bird shooters is an example of a very small minority of pros. Personally I don't know any. I'm not sure why you mention your dad as an example because you've just said he isn't a pro, but the image quality of the XT1 is in a different league from his D300, particularly in low light.

Sorry for the confusion there. I meant to say that many bird shooters want a solid fast system. Regarding my dad, even if he is not a pro shooter at all, he wouldn't buy a XT1 either just because the body is a bit too small, and does not possess a good AF system as his D300.

The Xpro2 could be made more for those kind of people, or just for anybody that wants one

That's why every camera manufacturer makes the cheapy point and shoot versions, the mid level, and the high end cameras. And the XT1 could just be a "taste" of what the Xpro2 might be in a future.

I can name you quite a few portrait, product, fashion, travel and wedding pros who are already using them. I've just ordered two of them myself, along with battery grips and prime lenses. They haven't arrived yet, but when they do I will selling my Nikon full frame cameras and lenses.

mistermejia's gear list:mistermejia's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Rokinon 85mm F1.4 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow