The 'discriminatory-nature' of capture-date stipulations!

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
merops
Contributing MemberPosts: 961
Like?
Re: The 'discriminatory-nature' of capture-date stipulations!
In reply to xml6000, 5 months ago

xml6000 wrote:

merops wrote:

xml6000 wrote:

OK, but what about: Challenge #3 in the Bring your camera everywhere series this week. Hosted by Rocky ID Olympian.

What if, (up until the 27th of February just gone) I had indeed been carrying my camera everywhere and had captured an exposure to blow most peoples socks off during my lunch hour - as suggested by the challenge?

Now, if I'm a stickler for the rules, that once in a lifetime exposure will never see the light of day - on DPREVIEW. Is that what a photography site is truly all about?

Are you trying to tell us that this photo that's going to blow most people's socks off is never going to be eligible for anyother challenge on DPR? Boll..., uh, I mean Balderdash!

My point is that one can't share ones work, with those who one wants, when one wants to. Yes, a future challenge may accommodate the image - but what if ones photograph is poignant - a topical image - a time sensitive image - fitting the week in mention extremely well - tying in perhaps with a big news story - a fleeting trend - a fad - a new idea?

If it's that good, you're hardly likely to post it on DPR

What then, for 'democracy'?

Whoah. Let's get real about when democracy, right to free speech, etc really matter. It's not when discussing posting photos on DPR.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
yupNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow