Anyone disappointed with the FE movement?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
EinsteinsGhost
Forum ProPosts: 10,872Gear list
Like?
Re: Anyone disappointed with the FE movement?
In reply to Ramius, 5 months ago

Ok, lens development take time? So how come Zeiss has four lenses out already?

People have praised them for being fast in this very thread because of this. I´m not one of them. But if Zeiss/Sony can produce 4-5 lenses in five months. Sigma, Tamron, Voigtlander all should be able to put out atleast one.

Now I´m not expecting that these brands release a lens in the first five months of the camera. But atleast this year. And what worries me, like I´ve said before now, that nothing is even annoubced. And so far, it doesnt seem anything else is coming.

Sony Zeiss lens development didn't have to be until after the camera announcement. Third party development follows launch starting with the premise whether the market is large enough yet.

Samyang announced FE lens development on the same day Sony announced a7/7r. In case of Samyang, the formula was simple, to many, too simple.

Zeiss has also announced plans to launch FE lenses (may be FF Touit line) but will take almost a year to bring out the first lenses (Fall 2014).

Sigma hasn't done much in the mirrorless world.

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow