Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
captura
Forum ProPosts: 14,760Gear list
Like?
Re: Thom Hogan's review of the A7/A7r
In reply to tomtom50, 7 months ago

tomtom50 wrote:

captura wrote:

You have a point there, Lou. There seems to be a pre-existing consensus here amongst the regular members of this forum about Mr. Thom's apparent M43 boosterism and scorn of comparable Sony products.

Not a consensus!

He prefers m43 over Nex. That does not make him anti-Sony.

He also writes of the RX100 as one of very few cameras over the years that changed the way he shoots - for the first time hs has a carry anywhere camera that can produce publishable results. That is hardly anti-Sony.

His biggest criticism of Nex vs. m43 is the lens line. He is right. Any objective observer knows that at present the m43 lens line is stronger than Nex. I accept this but I bought Nex - it has the lenses I need. But I'm not a pro.

I can't completely disagree. I often carry one of my Olympus cameras, or the great G1. I don't worry so much with them; that I might break or drop or lose one of them, perhaps. And I love the smaller lenses but imo they are over-rated compared to NEX lenses.

The new V3/J4 Nikon 1 will eliminate the RX100 but apparently Nikon is in Mr. Thom's sights right now. Yes or no?

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Samsung NX1000 NEX5R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow