Thom Hogan's review of the A7/A7r

Started Mar 10, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Forum ProPosts: 20,758Gear list
Re: Thom Hogan's review of the A7/A7r
In reply to tomtom50, Mar 11, 2014

tomtom50 wrote:

captura wrote:

You have a point there, Lou. There seems to be a pre-existing consensus here amongst the regular members of this forum about Mr. Thom's apparent M43 boosterism and scorn of comparable Sony products.

Not a consensus!

He prefers m43 over Nex. That does not make him anti-Sony.

He also writes of the RX100 as one of very few cameras over the years that changed the way he shoots - for the first time hs has a carry anywhere camera that can produce publishable results. That is hardly anti-Sony.

His biggest criticism of Nex vs. m43 is the lens line. He is right. Any objective observer knows that at present the m43 lens line is stronger than Nex. I accept this but I bought Nex - it has the lenses I need. But I'm not a pro.

I can't completely disagree. I often carry one of my Olympus cameras, or the great G1. I don't worry so much with them; that I might break or drop or lose one of them, perhaps. And I love the smaller lenses but imo they are over-rated compared to NEX lenses.

The new V3/J4 Nikon 1 will eliminate the RX100 but apparently Nikon is in Mr. Thom's sights right now. Yes or no?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow