Whoever claims the new Tamron 150-600mm is not sharp @ 600mm wide open is full of BS

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Daniel Clune
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,444Gear list
Like?
Re: Looks good
In reply to Symtex, 9 months ago

Symtex wrote:

Daniel Clune wrote:

It looks as good as my sigma 50-500 OS as that's pretty darn good too. BUT this lens is only $1000. I wonder how they would compare. Most places still show this lens as a pre-order still. I want to rent one to compare it against my sigma 50-500 OS. Not sure how much I would miss the wider angle it offers. Its a great airshow lens.

-- hide signature --

They are very similar except you get an extra 100mm, a better stability control and silent lens. It makes the world of difference when you are in nature and want to keep your noise footprint to a minimum.

-- hide signature --

Canon 5D Mark III, Canon EF 24-105L, EF 100-400L

The sigma has HSM focus motor its quite just like USM canon lens. Not sure about OS compared to Tamrons. The sigmas OS seems pretty good to me. Have the two stabilization's been compared some were ?

Another question which you wont have an answer but need equipment to test is actual focal length. I read some were the Sigma is actually only about 480 or there about. I wonder if the Tamron is a true 600mm?

-- hide signature --
 Daniel Clune's gear list:Daniel Clune's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200-400mm f/4G ED-IF VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Epson Stylus Photo R1900
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow