Anyone disappointed with the FE movement?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
EinsteinsGhost
Forum ProPosts: 10,897Gear list
Like?
Re: Anyone disappointed with the FE movement?
In reply to Ramius, 5 months ago

My main complaint is not about Sonys roadmap. Its how long it takes for everyone else than Sony to join the game. I honestly don´t believe it takes Sigma that long to construct a new lens. I think its more of a marketing choice, like many have said here.

Given the fact that nobody has even announced anything within the FE range, makes me wonder if theres any FE lenses coming at all this year from other than Zeiss/Sony.

And just on a sidenote:

To me these are the traits that are far more than an amateur photographer needs, and that shows the A7/A7R are pro cameras:

- Full format

- External flash mount

- Weather sealed magnesium construction

- High ISO capability

- Microphone output

- Both LCD screen and electronic viewfinder.

- Manual dials for full control

- Heavy customization features

- Prime lenses the norm

- Vertical battery grip at launch

- HDMI output

I could go on. But these are stuff the professional photographers, such as myself, actually need and use on a regular basis. That amateur photographers perhaps dont ever use or need. I mean, people are making photo albums with pictures from their iPhones these days. Even the NEX is advanced for amateurs.

Your OP has two aspects: issues with Sony for not producing lenses faster than the road map. And, for third party not named Zeiss (and the forgotten, Samyang) from developing lenss for a system barely five months old.

Lens development takes time. Even Zeiss needs a year to deliver FE lenses (expected Fall 2014). Sigma has taken (now months) to produce 18-35/1.8 for A-mount and has produced only three cheap lenses for E bodies which are very popular.

I think we should be realistic with developments, especially considering the age of the system and its still limited market at this time. Looking for ultra wide and superwide solutions for less? Samyang is getting those out (14/2.8 and 24/1.4). Also, 35/1.4 and 85/1.4.

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow