Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
captura
Forum ProPosts: 14,094Gear list
Like?
Re: Thom Hogan's review of the A7/A7r
In reply to Dennis, 6 months ago

Dennis wrote:

captura wrote:

Yes, he seems a shadow of his former self; am a right about that? Strong anti-Sony bias.

As clearly evidenced by his decision to sell the RX1 that he had been using in favor of the A7 which he will use now ? (Please note that he recommends the A7 in this review).

If Thom is showing an anti-anything bias lately, it's Nikon, at least in terms of corporate strategy. Or read what he's said about the Df. Certainly nothing any more positive than the A7/r.

Perhaps you require glowing reviews ala Steve Huff: "THIS is the GREATEST CAMERA since the LAST camera I said was the greatest camera !

While other bloggers are focused on this piece of gear or that, or the joys of EVFs, Thom has had some great industry insights lately.

I might have given the wrong impression that I meant that Thom had personally visited this forum. He didn't, but legions of M43 fan-boys did. I dn't mind Steve Huff (he is so upbeat/salesyish that he's funny) but none of the celebrity reviewers should denigrate product lines. That's OUR job, on the Forums. IMHO.

"industry insights?" - Sounds like turbulence, to me!

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Samsung NX1000 NEX5R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow