Which film camera for my buddy's wedding?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ShawnHoke
Regular MemberPosts: 472
Like?
Re: None - you were paid to shoot a wedding
In reply to darklamp, 4 months ago

darklamp wrote:

Shoot a wedding ( a once in a lifetime event for most people ) with the best gear you have, not as a pet project for yourself.

I would use the 6D and the 50 f1.4. Rent a 24-70 f2.8 and a 70-200 f4 L IS or 70-200 f2.8. And a flash if you don't have one.

By all means bring a film camera ( any EOS will do - think film choice instead ), but don't experiment with a wedding that's not yours to play with. I

You mentioned perhaps shooting 25% of the wedding on film. Think 5% and make it the least critical parts. Double every shot you take with film on digital.

Interestingly enough, there is a growing movement of wedding photographers who shoot weddings entirely on film. They charge a fortune, are usually fully booked a year out, and the shots (usually MF) look gorgeous.

For the OP, they said this: "My buddy is flying me back from China to shoot her wedding in a month. She's giving me a bit of cash which I will throw towards a long-overdue film camera, as she appreciates film."

No harm in shooting some of the wedding on film if the bride enjoys and appreciates film.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow