Steve Huff reviews X-T1, loves it (mostly)

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
SaltLakeGuy
Forum ProPosts: 10,492Gear list
Like?
Re: Some of his results
In reply to fotophool, 6 months ago

First of all young man, I know you're dad. He and I have conversed on a number of occasions and I happen to have the utmost respect for him. It has always, I might add been a pleasant conversation. Regarding your particular sensitivity to my laying things on the line from time to time, it would always require placing things in context (which I can plainly see you've taken them OUT of). My discussions here (since 1999 by the way) have always centered around careful observations regarding applications of various equipment in a number of different ways. I know all too well not every single camera is for everyone's particular use or application. I try to state that as often as criticism rears it's ugly head. My findings are NOT unfounded, but as my dear associate here Ray has said succinctly, we all have our priorities.

That having been said, I also am a "definitive" kind of guy. I don't mix words and I frankly tend to NOT make light of a given weakness in a product I feel diminishes it's ability to do it's job. In as much as many who have the Micro 4/3rd system would love to ignore or want to go away, as yet nobody has been able to wish or design away the laws of physics that are STILL at play here, meaning that sensor size WILL in the end have the single largest impact on light gathering capabilities. So if all you wish to do is argue that there is "very little difference" or "they are so close as that it doesn't matter" go right ahead. I'm sure that 4 cylinder Kia will go just as fast as the 6 cylinder Porsche all day long. No worries. I haven't failed to notice as well, you have this penchant for following my posts and making sure to (in your mind) correct me. I guess if you've got the time (and the money as you obviously must owning every camera made today) go right ahead. I've been at this too many years to give up trying to steer people in the right direction. As for my suggestion to you....it would be grow up! P.S. try a little perspective edit on that photo, buildings don't lean that much if they plan on staying erect

Jeez, guy, get a grip and let it go!

Has a day gone by here this year that you haven't made some disparaging remark about the m/4/3 system and noise?

We get it. You switched to Fuji and couldn't be happier. We don't need to be reminded of it on a daily basis.

You switched to PhotoNinja from LR and couldn't be happier. Good for you! But do we have to be reminded of it everyday?

Here's what the Huff review highlights and what so you seem oblivious of:

Different strokes for different folks.

Coupled with the fact that most of today's cameras are probably better than 95% of their users:

http://ripecamera.blogspot.com/2014/03/all-cameras-are-better-than-you-are.html

I assume that you're primarily a landscape photographer, whereas Huff seems to be mainly into street stuff.

Is it any great wonder then that your gear preferences might differ from his and his from yours?

You seem to want some either/or world, when you need look no further than to Ray Sachs here who uses different systems for different situations and doesn't see any need to disparage one over the other.

The fact of the matter is, with gifted photographers like Ray Sachs and Jim Radcliffe currently posting here on a regular basis, this board is particularly blessed.

Take advantage of it and do what they do: Post more pictures and less contentious verbiage re this system or that. Milk them for all their worth re photography and post processing skills while they're here.

For now they're on the Fuji board. Don't let the opportunity go to waste.

As for anyone who wants to call me a troll, I'm Ben Hermann's offspring. I've got one of almost everything and a couple or more of most.

Here's a Ricoh GR pic just for the heckuva it.

fotophool

My Flickr Pics

Old Red

SaltLakeGuy's gear list:SaltLakeGuy's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Epson Stylus Pro 3880
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow