Anyone disappointed with the FE movement?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Godfrey
Forum ProPosts: 27,236
Like?
Re: Anyone disappointed with the FE movement?
In reply to Ramius, 4 months ago

Ramius wrote:

Its perhaps the best camera on the market. Only surpassed by Canon 1D and a few others. All full frame cameras are professional grade. Its the biggest image sensor you get, and given the price of these, you think the A7 is aimed at amateurs?

There are so many features of these cameras that are aimed at professionals, aside from its impressive visual quality. Isf your definition of "pro" means Hasselblad and Phase One - and pretty much nothing you can get in normal photo stores? In that case, I guess we disagree.

Im a professional photographer, and thats why I chose this camera. Just sayin.

Sony's scheme for raw files is the first thing that makes the A7 less of a pro camera and more of an amateur camera. All pro digital cameras have the ability to output lossless raw files. Period.

Not all "professional grade" cameras are FF or larger. The Canon 1D is a pro camera with 1.3x crop sensor, so are the Olympus E-1, E-3, E-5, and E-M1 with FourThirds format sensors. The Nikon D2x, D3, and D4 are all pro grade cameras with two different format size sensors.

Et cetera. A professional photographer does not need to buy a "professional grade" camera to get the job done; in fact, MOST of the professional photographers I know do not. Being a professional photographer and what constitutes a "professional grade" camera are two entirely different things. If you don't understand that, I have to question your understanding of the business of being a professional photographer and how it differs from camera technology.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow