Anyone disappointed with the FE movement?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Ramius
Forum MemberPosts: 77
Like?
Re: Anyone disappointed with the FE movement?
In reply to EinsteinsGhost, 9 months ago

I was fully aware of their lens roadmap. But like I said before, you think I just want to buy Sonys own lenses for this camera? No.

But Sony said that the 35mm, 55mm and 24-70mm would be available at launch. I planned to buy it with 24-70mm, but was unable to at launch, because at that time it did not exist, and had to settle for the 35mm. Which is also great. So now I have both.

But I do not intend on buying whatevers next from Zeiss/Sony. Its too costly, which is why I miss cheaper FE alternatives. I personally rarely use tele linses in my line of work. So I much rather buy a cheap Tamron tele, if they would offer that.

But I did use my 10-20mm wide angle from Sigma alot, and I miss something similiar for FE. But if Zeiss launched a Touit for FE, I hardly think that would justify the argument that "wide angle is now available". Thats way too expensive, and what Im missing persoanlly, is choices. A whole range of standard zooms. Not just one Zeiss zoom. But competitors interpretations as well. And it annoys me that none of them has even announced anything.

But I´m patient and worked for four months using just the 35mm. I took that as a kind of work challenge, and it was fun, but required me to work in different ways.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow