Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
khani
Forum MemberPosts: 50Gear list
Like?
REALLY HAPPY WITH MY RX10 NOW!!!
5 months ago

man i did slash this camera previously, maybe i got a bad copy from a returned open box item in nyc.

sorry about all that.

so a friend of mine bought one, i gave it another shot and tried his at home and then was impressed and bought one for myself from a very decent seller at fred miranda.

i also bought the sony hvl-f60m flash with built in led light.

the combo is killer.

pure apsc like pictures with bounce flash. amazing!

great bokeh at 150-200mm.

one little disappointment af a bit slow at full zoom. but improves if i zoom a bit.

video great much better than my top of the line camcorder hdr-pj-710v ( sold immediately after reviewing rx 10 videos, i did have hdr-pj710v previously sold it then bought again and now sold it again after seeing rx 10 videos). during inddor home videos / panning i did not see any muddy frames or codec break up. indoor low light video noise is miles better than any camcorder on the market period.

the sony hvl-f60m video light is amazing, super even across the frame covers more than 24mm circle so you don't get any cut off or fall off whatever. i did have the bescor 96 led light but it was good for 30mm coverage if you go wider then there was fall off and was not even. many ebay led lights have spot in the center but this sony led light is dead even plus has a nice diffuser and warming filter. the light is also very strong power level 1-10. also i took maybe 50 shots in 30 mins and there was no heating issues with the flash.

now i have a question for experts since rx10 is capable of replacing dslr, considering that my indoor low light shots will be mostly with external fill bounce flash, should i sell my d5200 + tamron 17-50 f2.8, nikon 35mm f1.8, sigma 50-150mm f2.8, and sb-700 flash?

khani's gear list:khani's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 RX100 III Nikon D5200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM +1 more
Nikon D5200 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow