There has to be a Xpro2....

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Ed B
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,018
Like?
Re: There has to be a Xpro2....
In reply to DocetLector, 7 months ago

DocetLector wrote:

As a long time Fuji user - I have my S3 pro now for 9 years as my main camera - I am still not ready to buy into the X-System. I was very close to do so when the Xpro1 came but I wanted to wait a little bit to see if there are flaws with the new system and I also knew that the price will come down soon as it did with the S3. Then the XE1 hit the market with some improvements over the Xpro1 which could not be fixed in a firmware update like the better ELV.

I never considered to buy a XE camera because they are to small to hold comfortably especially with the bigger lenses and there are quite big lenses coming up on the roadmap!

And now the XT1 is there, a nice little camera, weathersealed and quite responsive. But still not up to professional standards and still to small for my hands.

I personally do not understand why a camera body has to be so small, carrying a camera the whole day. To me size doesn`t matter much - it is the weight which gives pain.

So I am looking forward to a new XPro at least the size of the XPro1, fast,responsive, weathersealed, with 2 batteries and 2 card slots and enough space between the buttons.

Just my opinion...

I feel the same as you, when it comes to camera size.

Yes, most people buy mirrorless cameras because they are small but there's a big difference between smaller than most DSLRs and too small.

I don't like tiny cameras and once a camera gets significantly smaller than the X-E1 I loose interest.

I've never been a big fan of large zoom lenses so lens size doesn't bother me too much but I don't have tiny hands and hope Fuji doesn't get carried away.

When I buy another camera it will probably be the X-Pro2 and I really feel that Fuji is smart enough to keep their "Pro" designated camera a little larger than many people seem to like.

Naturally, I could be 100% wrong about all this because, when it comes to technology, my record for predicting the future is dismal.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow