The 'discriminatory-nature' of capture-date stipulations!

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ConanFuji
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,213Gear list
Like?
Re: The 'discriminatory-nature' of capture-date stipulations!
In reply to Skylane, 5 months ago

Of the 37 challenges open for voting at the moment ONE has a capture date rule, all others have "no restrictions". The one challenge with a capture date rule is "My Best Photo this Week".
The fact that the rules form has a capture date box does not mean every challenge is restricted by date. I think the hosts do not restrict talent with this rule.

I can assure you that Piscasso and Baily are not members of DPR. If you intend to show other peoples work, be sure to make it known.

You have been a member less then three weeks and it shows.

-- hide signature --

Charlie

He may be a new member, but from what he typed he gives me an impression of being an old hand at photography. (Which is what this site is about)

I do think the capture date is difficult to enforce which is a pity. If you look at fujimugs.com, the entries are very refreshing.

However the concept of these dates do have a meaning in competitions. For example why does the Academy only consider movies which are shown in a particular time-frame? Why can't last year's winner compete again with the same movie?

ConanFuji's gear list:ConanFuji's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F500 EXR FinePix S1 Canon EOS 40D Sony Alpha NEX-5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
yupNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow