Thom Hogan's review of the A7/A7r

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
DFPanno
Senior MemberPosts: 2,908Gear list
Like?
What doe it have to do with trust?
In reply to buellom, 8 months ago

buellom wrote:

If you mean the "shutter shock", this effect seems to exist in many cameras, particularly those with mirrors.

There are not many 36 MP cameras out there to really compare. But it seems that it is less an issue with the Nikon D800.

In what way does it "cook" the raw file? If you mean the lossy compression, I would not call that cooking; I would call it a potential loss of information.

Yes, it's a potential loss of information. I just called it cooked because the raw data are touched and thus raw isn't anymore raw. That the raw data are touched is bad move in my eyes and makes me distrust Sony.

-- hide signature --

www.freude-am-licht.de

It is an engineering issue; not a trust issue.

It is not a conspiracy.  If SONY is topping the raw they are doing so for a reason; not to make their buyers unhappy.

What is that reason?  Don't know myself and doubt anyone else here does either but it most certainly has a rational basis.

DFPanno's gear list:DFPanno's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX1 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha 7R Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow