Anyone disappointed with the FE movement?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Godfrey
Forum ProPosts: 27,296
Like?
Re: Anyone disappointed with the FE movement?
In reply to Ramius, 6 months ago

Ramius wrote:

.. This is a professional grade camera, and professionals need options. There has been several photography expos, shows and events they could have used to present FE optics on, but still they have not. How long is it going to take?

I don't really think of the A7 as a "professional grade" camera at all. It's a decent camera with an excellent sensor and viewfinder, which is why I bought it. It does not have the responsiveness, speed, ergonomics, or build quality to compete with "professional grade" cameras as I think of them, although it can produce photographs of comparable quality. Just because the A7/A7r are costly does not make them "professional grade" ... they're costly because FF sensors and high-end EVFs cost a good bit.

It's irrelevant to me whether Sony ever produces a lens for these bodies; I'll never buy one of them. I bought the camera to use my Leica R and Nikkor SLR lenses on, and it works beautifully for that. I have all the lenses I'll ever need already.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow