What's the big deal with the retro thing?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
chkproductions
Contributing MemberPosts: 831
Like?
Re: What's the big deal with the retro thing?
In reply to John Rausch, 7 months ago

Blame the word "ergonomic" for when cameras started to be made in shapes like they came out of a wind-tunnel.

A camera started as just a box with a lens and a place for film.  Then a shutter was added to the box instead of the lens.

Many of the legacy shooters on this site are much more comfortable with that box.  It was simple.  I'm one of them.  I subscribe to the concept that all a camera need be is a tool that lets a certain amount of light hit a sensor for a certain period of time.  That's all you need.  Every else can be done to the image after the fact.

So why complicate the issue with touch this and wheeled that.

Even one of the car makers (I think it's Ford) produced a dashboard that was made up of knobs and switches.  No digitial anything.  It was based on the requests by consumers that dashboards were just getting too confusing and complicated with buried menus and touchy screens.  They found the simplicity of flipping a switch and turning a dial was a more direct and safer way while driving.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow