Ridiculously colorful bird taking a bath

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
zackiedawg
Forum ProPosts: 21,889Gear list
Like?
Re: Ridiculously colorful bird taking a bath
In reply to 123Mike, 7 months ago

123Mike wrote:

I know what you did... You captured that bird, and then you spray painted it using multiple colors, and then you let him loose and took some quick pictures. You bird abuser you! And all that for a few pictures. Shame on you!

Caught!

(actually, there are folks that catch these buntings...it's a well known problem down here where people set up just outside the wetlands reserves, put out a trap feeder, catch these birds, and sell them to illegal bird sellers, even in other countries.  There are always signs up around the perimeters of some well-known spots these birds frequent to report any strange activity or cars parks down dirt roads and canals with strange-looking setups.

Now with that out of the way. Do you know of any good comparisons of the 55-210 + that extender, against some of the run-of-the-mill A-mount telezooms (eg. 70-300, 75-300, 55-300, etc)?

Unfortunately, I don't think I've seen any that I can think of.  There are a few shooters here who I believe have used both the 55-210+TC combos as well as A-mount adapters with some basic A-mount zooms, so maybe they might be able to help as far as IQ comparisons...see if you can find posts by Jack Scholl - I think he has used the 55-210mm combo and shoots with a SAL70-300 G.

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Ron,New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow