Thom Hogan's review of the A7/A7r

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Monty Parker
Junior MemberPosts: 33
Like?
Re: Thom Hogan's review of the A7/A7r
In reply to LouMeluso, 8 months ago

LouMeluso wrote:

My, you certainly shock easily. And dismayed, I hope you could sleep.

Monty, thanks for your concern. What I really hope for is respectful and polite discussion on topics we have mutual interest in

Were you shcked and dismayed reading Thom's opener that prejudged those who might wish to disagree with him as "fanboys"?

I dislike the term but he can say the moon is made of rotten green cheese and it's Sony's fault and I wouldn't give a hang. It's his personal blog and his alone, he can opine, be as incomplete or as self-interested as he wishes.

But one thing I won't do is feel personally addressed because I'm not. Nor will I run him down personally, simply because I disagree with him. Nor will I feel so personally affronted that I feel I have the right to attack my fellow forum members because they might not share my viewpoint.

Seems to me you may be basking in the glow of having chosen the "reccommended".

You state "I happen to agree with his assessment but I didn't need his agreement to purchase the A7 camera which, BTW, he recommends."

May as well support those who agree with you?

Does this then mean that you agree with assesment and his lack of status for the A7r?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow