Thom Hogan's review of the A7/A7r

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Monty Parker
Junior MemberPosts: 33
Like?
Re: Thom Hogan's review of the A7/A7r
In reply to LTZ470, 5 months ago

Well, for starters, if he is going to emphasize atifacts visable with the A7r but not d800e, to the extent that he does, one might expect to see a picture crop from competeing cameras that would highlight these low level posterization artifacts differences. Instead, he injects this; "It’s been my observation that there aren’t a lot of photographers who have been trained well enough to see small defects like these". OK, me too, show me. And then, for balance, show the savings in storage space one would gain using the A7r.

IMO many, many of the us A7r folks became A7r folks because we are ageing, like to do a little hiking, are tiring of the d800e systems size and weight, but yet want the mamimum detail we can get in a much smaller package. Thom knows this. Its a trade-off. Heck, I'd pay more for smaller, lighter body and lenses. Why then must we read worn cliches "If you want a free lunch, I suggest you try the local rescue mission".

If you're interested in a real review take a look here

http://www.ejphoto.com/Quack%20PDF/Sony%20Alpha%207R%20Review.pdf

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow