Anyone disappointed with the FE movement?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
quezra
Senior MemberPosts: 2,877Gear list
Like?
Re: Anyone disappointed with the FE movement?
In reply to Ramius, 8 months ago

How soon would you expect third party makers to climb aboard a new mount?  They need to gauge public reception before they start designing lenses.  So there will definitely be a time lag before production and Sigma have already said they'd be interested but its not their current priority - and if there's no great demand, they may surmise it's just not worth it.  To this day, there are no AF third party lenses for EOS-M, Nikon 1, Fuji X and Samsung NX.  Samyang lenses are SLR-registration lenses with extensions for mirrorless and fully manual, and even I don't think they've made adapted lenses for those mounts. They have said they're looking to make AF E-mount lenses though. Sigma only recycled lens designs that it was planning to stick onto its DP cameras anyway, and even then they didn't bother to add onto FujiX, EOS-M or Samsung NX, just stuck with m4/3 and Sony.

As for Sony's own rollout, the 5 original lenses are just about all out (last one coming), and 5 more should be announced this year and 5 more in 2015.  So that gives them 8 months to announce the next batch.  I don't think I've ever seen a system launch as ambitious as Sony's in fact.  Fuji had just 3 primes at launch before it came out with a zoom.  Panasonic came out with 2 zooms, NEX with a zoom and a prime, etc.

quezra's gear list:quezra's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony Alpha NEX-5N Voigtlander 35mm F1.4 Nokton +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow