Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
wilkes888
Forum MemberPosts: 77Gear list
Like?
Speedbooster/Mitakon old legacy lenses on MFT bodies - Example Images
5 months ago

To anyone who has tried using fast legacy fast glass with a Metabones Speedbooster/Mitakon Lens Turbo (or similar) on a MFT camera. Could anyone comment or post some pictures on how depth of field and bokeh is altered with the extra glass vs the standard adaptor.

I've been using a Canon FD-mount 50mm f/1.4 prime via an adaptor on an Olympus OM-D E-M1 and it produces some great depth of field and bokeh. (Which does appear to be more pleasing than the Voitlander 25mm f/0.95 to me... but I'm not sure why.).

Was looking at the Speedbooster/Lens Turbo style adaptors to reduce the effective focal length down from 100mm (as I find it a little too long) and to increase the f-stop to 1.0 as I do a lot of low light event shooting (e.g. restaurants/bars/nightmarkets).

The 'Speed Booster' seem to be pretty expensive for what they are and I don't see any other Canon FD lens I would want to use with it so it's a bit of a stretch to pay all that money just for a single lens (unless anyone else has some other recommendations).

Wilkes

wilkes888's gear list:wilkes888's gear list
Sony RX100 Olympus E-M1 Voigtlander Nokton 25mm F0.95 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:1.8 +5 more
Olympus E-M1 Voigtlander Nokton 25mm F0.95
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow