Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: Thom Hogan's review of the A7/A7r
In reply to Erik Magnuson, 6 months ago

Erik Magnuson wrote:

LWS2013 wrote:

Tom's reviews are designed to get people talking and get people visiting his site,

Well, yes, that's the point of publishing reviews on a web site - so people can read them.

yes indeed that is true however some reviewer like Tom and KR attempt to inject some controversy in to their reviews just to get more clicks, point being that many visit the review just to read the controversy not the review itself.

Tom's reviews took a nose dive after he became bitter because people were putting his camera guides on sharing websites.

he might have offered unbiased reviews in the past but not anymore, he's a total joke.

I don't think Thom would ever claim to be unbiased - his biases are fairly clear as to what he wants in a camera. The only possible unbiased review is a simple recitation of facts and measurements and even then you can be biased in what/how you measure.

The problem is the Tom is flat out biased towards the brand and that's what he reviews, not the camera.

I knew that he would dump on the A7/R as soon as I saw those photos of a grubby looking A7

At least you know he actually used it!

I'm glad he review cameras and doesn't cook food for a living as he clearly doesn't know how to wash his hands.

-- hide signature --

Erik

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow