Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dave Chilvers
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,175Gear list
Like?
Must start to take my xpro1 seriously now
7 months ago

I love my 5d3 but i can`t keep fighting the effects of nature at my age, So! I`ve started to go through the options on my recently purchased xpro1 and have some questions ( might seem a bit fundamental so bare with me please.) FF will be used as and when needed still.

I shoot raw+jpeg

The highlight tone and DR can`t be turned completely off as I can see? and I`m sure I`m getting a less than ideal contrast because of that? I`ve always turned most things off in camera and dealt with them in ACR or PS.

Reading reviews I see that although Astia is not the standard it might appear that images are more detailed as far as contrast and fine detail?

I think I`m tempted to turn all NR completely off as I have done in my FF cameras?

I`ve been trying ninja and silky pix but ninja is slow on my pc and silky pix seems like walking through a maze. I`m getting decent results with ACR and certainly the noise level would be a challenge for any modern camera( FF or cropped) so that`s not too bad.

I`ve got to grips with the variations between the EVF and OVF etc etc but can`t help wondering if they make things a bit to clever now days;-) more use will help no doubt.

Is it me or is the download manual a bit sparse? I have a feeling my supplied disk went into more detail but I think my wife has put it away somewhere that only she knows where.

Anyway, any tips on settings etc or download tone curves etc would be very welcome.

I also use Nik software and am finding that fine tuning sometimes works making a separate layer and blending. In fact even Bleach Bypass blended in at very very low amounts can make an image a bit more punchy.

Thanks

Dave

I feel so much better now that I've given up Hope
http://www.pbase.com/davechilvers/latest_images

Dave Chilvers's gear list:Dave Chilvers's gear list
Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +3 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Fujifilm X-Pro1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow