1DX for amateur

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
c_henry
Regular MemberPosts: 186Gear list
Like?
Re: 1DX for amateur
In reply to Reservoir_Dog, 6 months ago

Reservoir_Dog wrote:

I want that DSLR soo much, but isnt it totally overkill for an amateur? Im not a beginner but an amateur.... Also, and i admit, a little bit gear freak

Let the comments come, and subscribe down there! (oops this isnt youtube)

Ow yes, its 2 years old, and now with the D4S, is canon going to release a newer 1D camera soon?

I'm also an amateur, I bought the 1Dx a few months ago, couldn't be happier. I went from the 20D to a 5D MK1, then also got the 1Ds MKII plus a 1D MKIIn. I loved the feel, look and performance of both the 1D's but wanted something I could tether more easily. I looked at getting a 1Ds MKIII but the s/h prices were more than the deposit for the 1Dx which came with 0% finance. So I sold the 5D, 1Ds and 1D and got the 1Dx instead.

Do I really need a 1Dx? No, it's way more camera than I need, but I don't care. I'm happy and will definitely be keeping it for many years.

- Colin

c_henry's gear list:c_henry's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EOS 650D Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow