Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Peaceful Mind
Regular MemberPosts: 112Gear list
Like?
Sony AF System Questions
9 months ago

Hi, all. I'm fairly new to Sony. I recently purchased the A7R and am deciding selling all my other gears and buy into Sony system with all those Zeiss lenses. I am also considering those ZA lenses which are in A-mount. And I want to see how to get the best AF performance from them.

As Sony is so innovative, I am confused about the AF performance on different combination.

There are:

1. SLT
  2. E mount + LA-EA3 + OSPDAF
  3. E mount + LA-EA4 + OSPDAF + SLT

Considering FF only, if I have after AF performance with A mount lenses, I suppose A99 will be fastest? But I am thinking what if I get A7 with LA-EA4 so that it would also have OSPDAF and SLT tech? I read somewhere that it gives fewer AF points though. So how A7 with LA-EA4 would compare to A99?

And then I'm also interested in the 2nd option, e.g. A7 with LA-EA3. I read somewhere saying it should be able to AF on SSM lenses. How fast? How well it AF compare to the two combinations above?

And I'm even thinking about A6000, which have a lot of review saying that it has great review. Would A6000 + LA-EA4/3 be even better than A99?

I have read about the AF-D tech. that A99 has. Will any E-mount camera with LA-EA4 gives you that?

Thanks everyone in advance!

Peaceful Mind's gear list:Peaceful Mind's gear list
Canon EOS 50D Nikon D800E Sony Alpha 7R Sony Alpha 7 Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +23 more
Sony a6000 Sony Alpha 7 Sony Alpha 7R Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow