What's your opinion--new body or new lens?

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ShinyFace
Forum MemberPosts: 68
Like?
What's your opinion--new body or new lens?
9 months ago

Hi

I have the F3 with 5 lenses: the e-18-55 kit, the e-55-210, the e 1.8/50, the Sigma 35, and the Rokinon fisheye. I've also got the EVF. So I'm kind of uh, invested in the system a little

I've never really been happy with the 18-55 kit lens, even though I use it the most because of its convenient focal range, or with the Sigma, which I actually never use. So I'm considering an upgraded lens in that wide-to-medium all-purpose  range. I'd say I'm much more interested in the wider end of the spectrum, as I do a lot of landscape and travel. And that lovely 1.8/50 is great for when I'm feeling creative.

However, I've often felt limited by the camera itself--the bulky EVF in particular but also craving perhaps a little more MP for my compulsive photo editing habit. So thinking that upgrading to the 7 might be nice for a treat. BH photo has a deal on the 7, as well as the 6.

My dilemma is: if I am going to drop some more coin, do I go body or lens?

If it matters, you can see some of my photos to get an idea of my approach, which is all over the place. I've just uploaded a few shots with the Rokinon here on Flickr, but the majority of shots you see will be with the kit or with the 55-210, both of which I use a lot. http://www.flickr.com/photos/63691867@N00/

And I'm sure some of you will be wondering why I don't like the 18-55 so much, and the answer would be basic IQ. I do a lot of editing, and I really do like the shots from the 55-210, whereas I find the 18-55 to lack a lot--crispness, clarity, just overall feel.

Anyway, I'm in no rush...let me know what you think!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow