I do not understand the HATRED for mirrorless cameras on this forum.

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Ontario Gone
Senior MemberPosts: 3,547Gear list
Like?
Re: I do not understand the HATRED for mirrorless cameras on this forum.
In reply to Paul Lowe, 8 months ago

Paul Lowe wrote:

Who knows.... some people just like to complain

Some might feel a bit perturbed by the thought of a sub $400 kit creating images that rival their $3K, $4k, $k+ investment in the gear race.... trashing it might make them feel a tiny bit better.

I think this is fairly accurate. Some people have spent a LOT on their big bad systems. Not only does it make it feel a bit of a waste on their part, there was a motive for spending so much in the first place. If it's a pro and they NEED that expensive and huge system, that's an exception, but i doubt they are the ones trolling mirrorless users. The problem posters like to think they are better than another person because they can spend more. Some guys do it with bigger boats, nicer cars, some do it with a 1DX. It's an ego thing.

I have no doubt that there's true artists here that could make an image with a pinhole camera that blows away anything i could make with an unlimited about of gear- so Im long past thinking its "all about the gear"

-- hide signature --

"Run to the light, Carol Anne. Run as fast as you can!"

Ontario Gone's gear list:Ontario Gone's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow