Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
San Francisco Guy
Regular MemberPosts: 152
Like?
FZ200 - Learning M Mode
5 months ago

I've had my camera for about two weeks now and I must admit, patience isn't my strong point. I really want to master shooting manual and use semi-automatic modes when there isn't time to set up a shot. I watched several videos on using the manual mode and I understand the basics of it. I get a little confused as it seems like the histogram and the meter sometimes send conflicting msg's. One of the things I haven't grasped yet is choosing the correct aperture. I was thinking you would only use a wide open aperture if you want to blur out the background, and something like F8 when you want everything to be in focus. I went out to take some test pictures this evening and I sometimes would switch over to P mode just to see what settings the camera would choose and the aperture was often less than I would expect for subjects that weren't that close.

This is all part of the learning curve and getting a better grasp of the exposure triangle. Attached are a few of the pics I took tonight in M mode in RAW.  I'm not sure yet why no EXIF data is showing on these pics.  I brought them into Lightroom, then exported them to post.

Across the street from Duboce Park...the beginning of The Wiggle bike path.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow