Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
JeanPierre Martel
Senior MemberPosts: 2,056Gear list
Like?
Re: Three zooms for All Opportunities
In reply to jeffharris, 9 months ago

jeffharris wrote:

JeanPierre Martel wrote:

C) a M.Zuiko 40-150mm (to zoom on distant objects).

Panasonic 45-150mm. It's a better lens. It's more compact and uses a 52mm filter. The 40-150mm uses a 58mm.

We have to take into account that the OP would use that zoom on an OM-D. Olympus cameras have a weak UV filter (contrary to Panasonic's cameras). Moreover, many Lumix lenses are prone to chromatic aberration because Panasonic rely on automatic Chromatic-aberration correction (which is not done by Olympus cameras).

I am sure that you're getting very good results with your Lumix 45-150mm on your Panasonic cameras. Probably as good as the results I'm getting with my M.Zuiko 40-150mm on my OM-D e-m5. But since the OP is also using this same camera, if he buys the Lumix 45-150mm, my suggestion would be to add a 52mm Haze 2A filter to it.

JeanPierre Martel's gear list:JeanPierre Martel's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
75mmNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow