Steve Huff reviews X-T1, loves it (mostly)

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Ray Sachs
Senior MemberPosts: 9,003Gear list
Like?
Re: Some of his results
In reply to Clayton1985, 6 months ago

I basically agree. I'm just saying that I think the differences are largely a matter of taste rather than one being clearly better or worse than the other. And I've never found reviews being very helpful in determining those matters of taste. I just have to get ahold of the cameras, or at least plenty of files, and work with them for a while. In the case of these two cameras, I have and like them both a lot. The files have very different looks, both of which I like a lot and both of which I can seem to get results I like from in similarly challenging situations.

I'm not a fan of Huff's reviews either - I was mostly just taking on the previous charge that he only "changed his mind" after it became clear Fuji wouldn't add him back to their most favored nation status... I think his conclusion is perfectly reasonable whether it's the same one I'd have reached or not. One place I think he clearly missed the boat, though, at least according to every other review I've read, has to do with tracking / continuous AF. He finds the EM1 notably better, but the emerging consensus is that the XT1 is the best mirrorless yet other than the small sensor Nikon V1 / J1. That's more a matter of objective fact rather than taste...

-Ray
--------------------------------------
http://www.flickr.com/photos/20889767@N05/

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow