I do not understand the HATRED for mirrorless cameras on this forum.

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
foto2021
Regular MemberPosts: 270
Like?
Re: I do not understand the HATRED for mirrorless cameras on this forum.
In reply to Dr Hal, 9 months ago

Don't confuse people's (justifiable) dislike of the performance of small-sensor cameras with 'hatred' of mirrorless cameras.

I shot with mirrorless cameras for two years before deciding that Micro Four Thirds sensors were not good enough by some considerable margin. I now use Nikon full frame DSLRs and get results that I am very content with.

My problem with Micro Four Thirds is not the fact that the cameras are mirrorless, it is the poor imaging performance of Micro Four Thirds sensors which is entirely due to their small size. I was very disappointed with the very poor sensor performance and the insoluble problem of lack of control of depth of field, but that doesn't mean that I 'hate' mirrorless cameras.

In the meantime, Sony has introduced the A7 and A7R full frame mirrorless cameras. I feel sure I will be happy to use one of these when more/better lenses are available because I know they are almost certain to deliver results that I am very content with.

-- hide signature --

Colin

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow