Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dan W
Senior MemberPosts: 2,120Gear list
Like?
Latest FZ70 shots
7 months ago

I've been following with interest the threads of Vickie, Dogglet and others about the FZ70 and enjoy the incisive comments of Rodger et al. These discussions motivated me to go out this morning with my FZ70.

It's not easy to handhold shots at the higher zoom levels, but it can be done if there's enough light. Most of my better shots are at medium and shorter focal lengths. My keeper ratio at the longer longer focal lengths is not high. Photos shot at or near 1200mm are often soft, but that's usually because of camera shake, I think. However, it's not unusual for lenses to get softer when fully zoomed.

I think the camera focuses pretty well in auto mode, but using the focus button in manual focus mode as others have suggested does seem to help when focus can't otherwise be achieved.

As for the burst mode, it doesn't bother me that it's only three shots, as I rarely shoot in bursts. If I want to do that, it's usually in the HDR mode. 

Here are some of the shots I got this morning at Guajome Park. Jpegs all with a little tweaking here and there in PS.

Dan

Dan W's gear list:Dan W's gear list
Canon PowerShot D10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Nikon D7000 Sony a6000
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow