Sensor size differences even out when it comes to IQ. Why?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Ttriple
Forum MemberPosts: 54Gear list
Like?
Size DOES matter to MY eyes!
In reply to Ontario Gone, 4 months ago

Is it just me or if you go and look around at the forums of APS-C cameras and their photos and compare with photos that are posted on this forum you will notice a difference. APS-C cameras, to ME, seem to produce photos with a "fuller" feel to them, not "flat" like m4/3. Also, the color fidelity, sharpness and dynamic range of APS-C sensors are just better to MY eyes. Noise level is better controlled on APS-C sensors too. I just cannot get over the "flatness" of m4/3 sensors and that's a main reason why I went with APS-C sensors instead. I assume that FF sensors will be even better. Sometimes you just have to use you own eyes and not some fancy scientific comparison with fancy graphs and charts and numbers. I trust my eyes more than anything else!

An example of what a good APS-C sensor and the right lens can produce:

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/53265588

Can m4/3 sensor produce photos with this level of shallow dept of field, a sharp and rich dynamic range and fidelity and the overall sense of "fullness" instead of "flatness" that I often see from m4/3 sensors?

Ttriple's gear list:Ttriple's gear list
Sigma DP1s Sony RX100 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
U2New
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow