I do not understand the HATRED for mirrorless cameras on this forum.

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Ed B
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,200
Like?
Re: I do not understand the HATRED for mirrorless cameras on this forum.
In reply to tko, 9 months ago

tko wrote:

Please list your $400 mirrorless kit with lenses, and lets compare performance.

Some might feel a bit perturbed by the thought of a sub $400 kit creating images that rival their $3K, $4k, $k+ investment in the gear race.... trashing it might make them feel a tiny bit better.
cool new tool.... the more the merrier!

and there are cell phones, that, under the right conditions, can rival mirrorless. And your point is?

If you talk to some of the cellphone users they'll tell you their phones will rival medium format, under the right conditions.

Seriously though, I went through 3 mirrorless cameras before I found one that was right for me but I'm not one of those people who thinks they're "better" than a DSLR.

Different but not better. Naturally, there are different levels of mirriorless cameras just like there are different levels of DSLRs and some of the mirrorless cameras are very, very good.

Just the same, when it comes to all around performance, it's hard to beat a mid to upper level DSLR but almost any camera does a good job on my snapshots.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow