Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
Wolfgang
Regular MemberPosts: 130Gear list
Like?
Re: XT-1 RAW and Lightroom...
In reply to Henry McA, 6 months ago

Henry McA wrote:

Short answer: No.

Try Photo Ninja, it´s much better with Fuji Raw files than Lightroom. For comparison download Raw Files of the X-E2 from dpreview and use Lightroom 5.3. The Fuji X-T1 files work with Photo Ninja - I call it a night and day difference.

Thanks, Henry!

In the meantime I looked around a little on the web and found that a.) the XT-1 is currently NOT supported in LR5.3 and b.) that Fuji is working with Adobe to carry over the film-type settings to LR and c.) that the Adobe Camera RAW in version 8.4 RC was just released with improved support for X-Trans. It should be only a matter of weeks until there is a LR5.4...

And since I have 200.000+ photos in LR and I am generally happy with the quality of the conversion, I would like to stay with LR.

Besides that: I own NoiseNinja/PhotoNinja, I like the results and I hate the interface. Sometimes, with special shots, I step out of LR and work on them with PhotoNinja, but only when preparing FineArt Prints, etc.

Thanks again

Wolfgang

-- hide signature --

Wenn die Sonne lacht, nimm Blende 8!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow