XT-1 RAW and Lightroom...

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
Christof21
Contributing MemberPosts: 944
Like?
Re: Another vote for PhotoNinja
In reply to SaltLakeGuy, 5 months ago

SaltLakeGuy wrote:

FAR superior demosaicing and highlight restoration and more. Sharpening is worlds better as well, and the noise removal is darned magical. Removes noise without removing detail. How the heck they do that I have NO idea. In Lightroom the detail goes bye bye as you remove noise.

I don't think Photo Ninja is far superior and I don't think that lightroom has a big problem dealing with the x-trans file.

It was very interesting to note that a review claimed that Adobe had solved the problems with the new ACR:

"It's taken close to 2 years for Adobe and Fuji between them to get this ACR processing right and while it is very welcome, it does beg the question - WHY ON EARTH DID IT TAKE THIS LONG ?!?!?!?".

Except that the algorithm did not change !!!!!

More generally, I don't think that there are big differences between raw converters. I think that they are now close to their limits.

If you think that the raw converters will improve a lot in the future, then keep your raw files and work on them again in 10 years. My guess: it won't make a big difference.

I'm satisfied with LR.

I had a try with Photo Ninja and did not notice a big difference.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow