Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
osv
osv
Senior MemberPosts: 1,523
Like?
Re: Thom Hogan's review of the A7/A7r
In reply to Erik Magnuson, 5 months ago

Erik Magnuson wrote:

I'd say ranting about a writer w/o knowing much about him means you are more correct than you realized.

perhaps i'm the dunce, not him, lol

it just seems that the things that he missed are so obvious to those of us who use these cameras.

if i reviewed the d800e, i'd at least mention evf vs. ovf, because i know that it matters to those of us who have used both... as steve huff put it: "The resolution of the LV and EVF on the A7r is double that of the D800 LV, and the EVF is much easier to use than the D800's OVF"

plus one for huff, zero for hogan

another example of how he's not understanding his readership was his fixation on the raw file situation... he devoted a bunch of prose to something that most of us don't notice, or are able to work around, in the worst case.

even with those raw file issues, wouldn't you rather be shooting sony a7r raw than any raw file that canon offers on their cameras? sony simply has more latitude in their raw files than anything canon currently offers, which i didn't see him mention.

fred miranda covered that in detail, it's noticeable, and imho, it'll have a bigger impact on your workflow than what thom was ranting about.

-- hide signature --

dan

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow