Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Bmoon
Regular MemberPosts: 224Gear list
Like?
Re: HD DA TC x1,4: no Sigma HSM; not making FF compatible
In reply to james45, 7 months ago

james45 wrote:

beholder3 wrote:

Sigma 180 Macro and 105 Macro seem to be doing fine. Looks like screw-driven lenses are fine and only HSMs dont work. On the latter not only FNumbers but also focal lengths are not converted. Seems a Sigma issue.

I remember that newer nikons can't properly focus with some sigma lenses to. That was caused by the reverse engineering sigma employs on their lenses, and was adressed with firmware updates for some of their lenses so they can work on nikon bodies.

Still, Ricoh/Pentax didn't state their TC is compatible with third party lenses

Thanks everyone. The standoff between camera manufacturers and 3rd party lens makers is understandable... but a little childish to be still running 40 years on, and somewhat irritating to the consumer.

In this case, I'm inclined to vote with my feet and get a 2nd hand Sigma 1.4x converter next time I see one on an auction site.

(And indeed there may shortly be a few, as people buy the Pentax, I suspect!)

One of the problem with sigma tc on pentax is that the incorrect fl is given to the body so SR calibrated for the native lenses FL

Bmoon's gear list:Bmoon's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Pentax K10D Nikon D3X Nikon D300S Pentax K-5 +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow