Flat view
shotguns
Regular MemberPosts: 147
Like?
35mm 1.4 worth $200?
8 months ago

Here's my delima:

XT1 on hand. Current lenses are:

23, 35, 18-55, 55-200, 90 Tamron (macro - oh and 250 D addon)

The 27 is on sale for $200 as we all know.

I will either sell the 35 and buy a 27 (with $200 left over).

OR - "buy" the 35 (i.e. keep it) and skip the 27 (giving up those $200 bucks).

My feelings as this moment are:

1. 27 IS a lighter pancake - but the XT1, while small, is no pocket camera - so either way, I'll have something hanging 'round my neck. 27 vs. 35 is not that much bigger I think.

2. 35 is nosier and MIGHT be a Fuji reboot as it's one of the original lenses that could be made a better match-up to the XT1 should Fuji improve this one ... so - if I keep the 35 I MIGHT not be prepared (financially) for getting a new version.

3. In terms of prime "spacing" the 35 seems better as 27 sits fairly close to 23 - but 23 and 35 are much more different in use.

4. The 35 is a faster lens so a bit more adaptable various lighting situations.

5. The 27 gives me $200 back though for filters and the like.

So - keep the 35 at a $200 premium... or... get the 27 and have $200 for other items. Side note: Until I win the lottery or someone on DPR becomes VERY GENEROUS INDEED - I have no plans for the 60 or 56.

Your thoughts 'twere you in my camera bag (besides, "Hey, what am I doing in a camera bag?")

TIA

Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow