Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
LTZ470
Forum ProPosts: 10,887Gear list
Like?
Re: Thom Hogan's review of the A7/A7r
In reply to blue_skies, 9 months ago

blue_skies wrote:

Horshack wrote:

http://www.sansmirror.com/cameras/a-note-about-camera-reviews/sony-nex-camera-reviews/sony-a7-and-a7r-review.html

Interesting, although I agree with his assessment that the A7 is the camera to get, he is unnecessarily harsh on the A7r in his conclusion. Or perhaps it is a backhanded compliment to the D800E?

Fact is that the A7r reaches a notch above the A7 in both detail and (surprisingly) low light performance, but it does introduce handling compromises (no PDAF, no EFC).

FE lenses are impressive, on the A7r, but the A7 is more forgiving to most lenses with its lower pixel density - especially WA RF lenses. In fact, the A7 with 2870 kit lens does quite well.

He also criticizes JPG shooters for wanting 24Mp or even 36Mp - why?

And he ends with the D800 being the best all around camera ... but that is 5lbs of gear (f/2.8 zoom lens).

I find neither the A7 nor A7r do-all cameras. They both have a place, but I also see the A6000 as being complimentary with the A7/r cameras. Or depending on the activity, the A6000 could be primary, and the A7/r secondary...

Good point Henry, the A6000 is "most" likely configured to do very well with the FE Lens available and will be a great compliment to the A7...

This makes me think that the A7 + A6000 combination is preferable to the A7r, after all, it is the same budget.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Henry

-- hide signature --

--Really there is a God...and He loves you..
FlickR Photostream:
www.flickr.com/photos/46756347@N08/
Mr Ichiro Kitao, I support the call to upgrade the FZ50.
I will not only buy one but two no questions asked...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow