Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Tim200
Regular MemberPosts: 185Gear list
Like?
Domke bag question
9 months ago

I have a Domke F-5XA which is great.  It is a perfect fit for my GX7 + 1 small lens + 1 large lens.  However, I'd like to carry the camera, pana 12-35 and pana 35-100 together.  I can force them in, but it is extremely tight.  I'm considering the Domke F-5XB to gain just a bit more space, while trying to remain as small as possible (I have a larger backpack when needed).

I don't know if anyone has this combo, but here's the question:  If someone has the 5XB bag and pana 35-100 lens, does the lens fit standing vertically?  Or, if you don't have this lens, the measured length of mine with lens cap is around 5.25 inches.

If you're wondering why I don't go by the measures in the specs...well, the interior height in my 5XA doesn't clear the 35-100 as much as the specs would indicate.  5XB height is slightly less, so I'm hoping that the top flaps have enough play to stretch it a bit.

Tim200's gear list:Tim200's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +2 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow