Bert_vargas
Senior MemberPosts: 1,567Gear list
Like?
Frustration with 5DM3 dual card settings
7 months ago

This is what i want to do and how i want my settings:

card 1 (CF) - i want video clips recorded to here and RAW images here

card2 (SD) - i want jpgs here.

I set to shoot Raw+Jpg setting Raw on card 1 and jpg to card 2. So far so good. I also have to set Playback to card1 (so that video clips get recorded there).

All is fine until i remove the CF card to upload stuff to my computer via card reader. this is how I've been uploading images since forever (since 20D days). This is how I like it, and I don't want to change it.

The problem occurs when i re-insert the card back to the camera. it seems to reset "Playback card 2". this causes video clips to record to SD card in slot 2. I don't want that... How can i stop it from reseting to card 2. I've tried saving settings in my C1 button but it still resets.

Some would say to just remove SD card and have all recorded on CF. If that is the case then why pay mucho bucks for a camera with dual slots? i want JPGs on 2 everything else on 1.

Does anyone else have this issue?

-- hide signature --

Beauty is in the eye of the photographer

Bert_vargas's gear list:Bert_vargas's gear list
Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM +4 more
Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow