Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Staceyliza
Regular MemberPosts: 147Gear list
Like?
Where to go from the d7100??
5 months ago

I'm a sports photographer by trade although I do some portrait work and I was recently approached by a newspaper and I might be doing some freelance work for them. My current setup is my d7100 and a 5100 for back up. I rarely use the 5100. It just seems clunky and slow after using the 7100.

My biggest need right now is larger buffer and higher ISO. I try to keep my ISO at 3200 or below for sports since that's about what my 7100 can handle. I love to be able to push that ISO more.

I have all DX lenses right now and that's what I'd have to stick with for awhile. I'm looking at the d600 and the D610. That's about the top of my budget. I'd love to go with a d4 but that's not happening on what I make right now!

Staceyliza's gear list:Staceyliza's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +2 more
Nikon D4 Nikon D600 Nikon D610 Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow