Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jogger
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,429Gear list
Like?
Df is great for quiet, slow-paced event photography
8 months ago

I shot a funeral/memorial yesterday with a D700/24-70f2.8 and a Df/100f2 combo (manual focus). I have to say that this combo worked out very well for me. In the 24-70 range, the folks will know that you are there, so the size and loudness of the D700 doesnt matter as much.

For candid shots and podium speaking, the smaller size, quieter shutter, and "non-screaming, monster pro SLR" appearance of the Df was much ideal more ideal than the D700. And, the sensor is AMAZING which is very important because flash is an absolute no-no for funerals.

The smaller size and weight (when paired with a short tele prime) makes its a great secondary camera for a larger one like a D700/800/4 paired with a fast zoom, etc.

Oh, and its really FUN to use.. esp. with a prime and when paired with a primary pro DSLR that you can depend on for those times when AF/framing is critical.

Im still learning the ins and outs of the Df, but, i think im going to love shooting with this. I bought the black version, because i think the silver will look tacky when the retro novelty wears out.. the black version is really timeless. I think the Df will be a classic like the D700.

Jogger's gear list:Jogger's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Nikon D700 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +4 more
Nikon D700 Nikon Df
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow