Monitor suggestion?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Marni
New MemberPosts: 18
Like?
Re: Monitor suggestion?
In reply to jtoolman, 4 months ago

Thank you all!!!

I did calibrate the monitor in a dim room and Spyder 3 pro wanted the brightness brought down to 80 which I did, but the prints were still dark.  The contrast within the VP903b shows 70 and the brightness is at 72 as well, so I made those adjustments while profiling.  I also profiled again using different lighting and the prints were still dark.

I am using Inkjetfly CISS system for my printer, Epson 1400. I profiled the prints on the paper I use which is Costco. I disabled all the drivers in startup menu. I DO think there might be a conflict somewhere as when I printed the print in Spyderprint using the new profile, the quadrant printed rather well, I don't know where the conflict could be coming from I use the following if printing in OTHER than Photoshop.  If printing in Photoshop then I disable the print in Epson.

Paper: Premium Glossy

High Speed: Off

ICM

Driver CM Basic

Input Profile SRGB IEC61966-2.1  (However I have tried Adobe RGB 1998 as well

Intent Perceptual, I have tried others

Printer Profile:  The name of my profile that I saved.

I just don't understand why these prints are so dark. In Spyder print I used the "patch" setting so I could go very slow to make sure I hit each mark.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow