Looking for an alternative to Sony RX100ii that has Manual with auto-ISO

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
dpr4bb
Regular MemberPosts: 383
Like?
Re: Looking for an alternative to Sony RX100ii that has Manual with auto-ISO
In reply to AndyW17, 9 months ago

AndyW17 wrote:

Does such a camera exist today? I'm definitely getting tired of having to manually over-ride the silly firmware in the RX100ii for shots where I'd be OK with higher ISO, but I have to work to get it.

Ideally, I'd like a camera of similar IQ and form factor, but without the 1/30 second default (with no over-ride) and especially the option to have Auto-ISO in Manual. I've done some searching, but as this is a bit obscure, it's difficult to find cameras with this feature. Perhaps some of you have come across this. There's so much I like about this camera, but again this weekend, it was FRUSTRATING to use quickly inside to grab a moment. Instead, lots of fiddling required…..

Sorry to keep talking about this issue on the forum, but I think I'm ready to look at alternatives.

-- hide signature --

Andy

The auto-ISO limitations of the RX100 are the main reason that I haven't been able to bring myself to buying one. I've looked for alternatives, but I haven't found another camera that's essentially an RX100 with better auto-ISO functionality.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow