rrccad
Senior MemberPosts: 3,263Gear list
Like?
Re: fatal flaw of your logic
In reply to T3, 8 months ago

T3 wrote:

rrccad wrote:

T3 wrote:

The flaw of your argument is that you only focus on areas where there is little difference, while completely ignoring areas where there are differences.

I have time and time again mentioned there is savings if you are under the registration distance of a DSLR.

time. and. time. again. you just can't read.

also let's see.

there's usually one UWA lens in a kit. there is plenty of non UWA in usual kits so how much difference really? however it's not uncommon for a kit to have a normal zoom, telephoto of some capability and a macro. all of which show little difference per sensor size.

consider the most popular lenses for instance in amazon have conspicuously very little UWA lenses until around position 18 or so on the list. the rest? most of them are kit lenses, 50mm or telephotos. 6 telephotos rank on the list before the first UWA.

so what am I ignoring? that for the vast majority your benefit isn't one.

i'ts like saying the A7R is perfect for the limited amount of people with leica's .. well, yes it's great for that .. so what? It certainly isn't going to set any trends in the industry looking at such a niche market.

the M is perfect with it's limited set .. we start getting 18-200's or 55-250's while necessary to fill out a kit, will start to lose it's advantages. the 55-200 STM is fine on the M .. however it's dim as all heck .. what's better? guess what .. adding a 70-200 / 4 or a 70-200 /2.8 right back to square one.

the real winners as far as size is m43 and 1" - larger than that, for the majority of people; as proven above ... they don't care and there's little benefit.

I think you should open your mind, bro. A smaller body is a smaller body. A smaller UWA, such as a 10-22 or 11-22, is still a smaller UWA.

god .. you seriously don't read.

rrccad's gear list:rrccad's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS M
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow